Monday, February 15, 2010

Wow ... Found in N.W. Florida

Valentine's Day is the day for love.  Love for life, love for family, love for your fellow man, and love for nature.  So in keeping with the theme of this blog, on Valentine's Day while I sat on the back porch watching my husband play softball with our three children I heard my 4 yr. old son (who was batting) exclaim; "Hey look at that eagle."  I automatically corrected without even looking, that's not an eagle when my husband said, oh yes it is.  As the huge bird approached the field behind our house you could see his white tail feathers and the white feathers on his head.  I was stunned, my girls delighted in watching it gracefully soar and land.  I ran for my camera but by the time I swapped the lenses it was too far away.  I think it was a blessing to see the magnificent bird and share the experience with the people I love.   I caught myself looking over the tops of the planted pines all afternoon wondering when the eagle would return, hoping it would return.

3 comments:

  1. My hubby has sworn up and down that baldies live around here. I've always rolled my eyes. He'll be very smug when he gets home tonight:) xoxoAmyQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a pair at the Alabama/Florida line a week later and my friend who lives near there said they nest there. I was beginning to think the universe had something to tell me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.waltonoutdoors.com/southern-bald-eagle-caputred-on-video-on-western-lake-in-south-walton-county/

    ReplyDelete